I created a git repository on assembla. Granted I have not created one there in a long time. That’s why I forgot about the rsa key hash. In fact, only after I went into my profile to check did I see that I already had one for my iMac there.
I had just created the repo on assembla. I followed their instructions to create a local repository and push it to the remote.
git remote add assembla email@example.com:appname.git
No errors. When I did
git push assembla master
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
This is most likely because you have set up ssh keys. When you get that on assembla, here’s how to fix it.
- Login to assemba
- Go to your profile (Edit Profile)
- Click on the link “Manage SSH Keys” on the left navigation bar
- In a text editor open ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
- Copy the entire contents (no matter what it says) into the “Add a key” text box in your assembla profile.
- Try the command now. It will work.